(The 2010 Best In Show Trophy was awarded to “Ch Roundtown Mercedes Of Maryscot,” a.k.a. “Sadie,” a Scottish Terrier) PC: Westminster Dog Show
For the Scottish Terrier to take home the Best in Show prize at the Westminster Dog Show the odds are 18 to 1 (according to Las Vegas odds maker Johnny Avello)
This member of the Terrier Group has won Westminster 8 times! The iconic breed last won in 2010 when Sadie was crowned Best in Show. The iconic breed last won in 2010 when Sadie was crowned Best in Show.
- Tuesday to include Junior Showmanship, Sporting, Working, Terrier groups and BEST IN SHOW (beginning at 7:30 PM) at Madison Square Garden, West 33rd Street & 7th Avenue
Our friend Stuart of The Scottie Chronicles crossed the Rainbow Bridge. Such a sweet boy. Our hearts are broken. Stuart we love you and will miss you. You were our friend even though we never had the chance to meet you! You were our Scottie Rock Stah! XOXO to your peeps! Don’t worry we are comforted knowing all of the Modern Scottie Dogs are running and playing together forever over the Rainbow Bridge!
Just this side of heaven is a place called the Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together…
MSD entered WINSTON in a local photo contest – calling all terriers! Yay VOTE for WINSTON on the Sidewalk Dog Facebook Page. Here http://bit.ly/1BbreXE
VOTE as many times as you like for our WINSTON, Scottish Terrier for cover photo terrier contest | local Sidewalk Dog here http://bit.ly/1BbreXE
Yesterday was Modern Scottie Dog Angus’s 5th Birthday! We love you Angus!
The Odin: A Puzzle Dog Toy with a Modern Modular Design
The Odin is a new toy named after a cute Pembroke Welsh Corgie #notascottie named Odin (Facebook)! Created by Up Dog Toys, The Odin, is a geometric, puzzle dog toy which is launching on Kickstarter today at 5 PM PST and running for 30 days ending on Wednesday 11/12/14 at 5 PM PST.
About The Odin The Odin is a dog toy designed to look great in your home, while being a full featured puzzle toy. A puzzle toy is a dog toy where the owner puts dog treats into the toy and then the dog tries to get the treats out by playing with the toy. It gives dogs both the mental and physical stimulation they need and stays interesting to any dog who loves food.
The Odin’s key features are:
- Modern, geometric design made to look great in any home and stand out from other dog toys.
- Geometric shape also services to prevent the toy from rolling around excessively and makes the toy bounce unpredictably when thrown or dropped.
- Male and female interlocking pieces so that the Odin can be chained together to offer great challenge and versatility. We hope to create new toys in the future to attach to it as well.
- Designed to be tough and big enough to not be swallowed by big dogs but light enough that small dogs can roll it around.
- Dishwasher safe, non-toxic and phthalate free
- 4 differently sized holes to allow treats of varying sizes to fall out. Smaller treats come out easier, while larger treats increase the challenge for skilled dogs.
- Flaps to allow treats to be easily placed inside without falling out. Flaps also are a way for dogs to try to lick the treats instead of rolling or tossing the toy to get treats out.
Modern Scottie Dog’s Angus, Winston, and Kenzie would love the challenge The Odin presents not to mention we love the cool geometric design and that The Odin bounces and is tough for those Scottie teeth! We look forward to supporting Up Dog Toys and can’t wait for these toys to go into production!
What’s new: Scottie Holiday Photo print a 4X6 matte photo print of wheaten & black Scotties with the text Paws to Celebrate the Season (actual print comes with out the logo watermark) perfect for a photo frame card insert.
Where to order: my online square space shop here $20.95
Pets and Portraits by Connie Singer Photography