MSD cards on Red Bubble
Shop MSD Photo Prints at Pets & Portrait Gallery
Connie Singer Photography Tumblr
Connie Singer Photography on Instagram
Janet Kaplan Photography
VenturaScottie on Instagram
We love our photos…MSD owns all Modern Scottie Dog™, ©Connie Singer Photography ©Janet Kaplan Photography. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material, including photographic images, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Copy excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Modern Scottie Dog blog.
Follow MSD on Pinterest
Blog friends…we love you all…limited display
Author Archives: modern scottie dog
With crisp autumn days upon us and winter just around the corner we want to cozy up with our Terriers and Tartans.
The Odin: A Puzzle Dog Toy with a Modern Modular Design
The Odin is a new toy named after a cute Pembroke Welsh Corgie #notascottie named Odin (Facebook)! Created by Up Dog Toys, The Odin, is a geometric, puzzle dog toy which is launching on Kickstarter today at 5 PM PST and running for 30 days ending on Wednesday 11/12/14 at 5 PM PST.
About The Odin The Odin is a dog toy designed to look great in your home, while being a full featured puzzle toy. A puzzle toy is a dog toy where the owner puts dog treats into the toy and then the dog tries to get the treats out by playing with the toy. It gives dogs both the mental and physical stimulation they need and stays interesting to any dog who loves food.
The Odin’s key features are:
- Modern, geometric design made to look great in any home and stand out from other dog toys.
- Geometric shape also services to prevent the toy from rolling around excessively and makes the toy bounce unpredictably when thrown or dropped.
- Male and female interlocking pieces so that the Odin can be chained together to offer great challenge and versatility. We hope to create new toys in the future to attach to it as well.
- Designed to be tough and big enough to not be swallowed by big dogs but light enough that small dogs can roll it around.
- Dishwasher safe, non-toxic and phthalate free
- 4 differently sized holes to allow treats of varying sizes to fall out. Smaller treats come out easier, while larger treats increase the challenge for skilled dogs.
- Flaps to allow treats to be easily placed inside without falling out. Flaps also are a way for dogs to try to lick the treats instead of rolling or tossing the toy to get treats out.
Modern Scottie Dog’s Angus, Winston, and Kenzie would love the challenge The Odin presents not to mention we love the cool geometric design and that The Odin bounces and is tough for those Scottie teeth! We look forward to supporting Up Dog Toys and can’t wait for these toys to go into production!
Scottie Dogs – Popnrock™ 3D Cards
“Popnrock™ are the latest 3D, pop-up innovation from Santoro London’s paper engineering division. They are quite simply a rockin’ revolution. With a gentle nudge the cards rock from side to side and they all feature a number of small moving parts which sway in harmony with the motion. Each of the small, moveable works of art in this amazing hand finished range is designed to be displayed and treasured.
They come ready assembled with a space for your own personalised message on the reverse. An envelope is included with each card, in addition to a leaflet clearly displaying an image of the card opened up.”
Packaged size: 157mm x 184mm (6.2 x 7.2 inches)
What’s new: Scottie Holiday Photo print a 4X6 matte photo print of wheaten & black Scotties with the text Paws to Celebrate the Season (actual print comes with out the logo watermark) perfect for a photo frame card insert.
Where to order: my online square space shop here $20.95
Pets and Portraits by Connie Singer Photography
Scotties are celebrated in Anne Billingham’s 2nd edition In Praise of Scotties book (Facebook page) including features on our favorite artists Bonnie Portraits (Facebook page) and Archy Scottie (Facebook page). Best of all are the bios of Scotties from 3 continents across the world! Agility Scottie Hitchcock (Facebook page) and his siblings are featured, too. Proceeds from the purchase (which ships around the world) support STECS Scottie Rescue UK (Facebook page) – Scottish Terrier Emergency Care Scheme – for rescuing and re-homing Scotties.